Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Seussical


Our family went to see All-a-Boy in Seussical at the high school on Monday night.  What a treat!   He's the ape-boy up front in this picture:

I'm pretty sure that the Wickersham brothers had more fun on stage than anyone.  And probably off stage, too.

There was so much color and energy and excitement in this show!  It made me want to get up and dance.  (Don't worry, I refrained.)


The circus scene was pretty amazing.  All-a-Boy is the hoola-hooper on the left.  I couldn't believe how long he could keep that thing going for!  The circus was like a show within the show.  Something new was happening about every 5 seconds and I was worried I'd miss something if I looked away.






Here's a pretty good shot of my boy when Horton's singing a lullaby to the egg.


And then he's monkeying around as a Wickersham again.



The elephant bird.  So darling!
 
All-a-Boy is a little scary here but it's the only picture I got of the whole fam after the play had ended.  Allen and Little X were there for the first 15 minutes or so but when I called Allen at intermission to ask where they went he told me they were at home and Little X was happily watching Bubble Guppies instead of running rampant through the rows of seats at the back of the auditorium. 

The kids were all dying to shake hands with the Things and get a picture with the Cat in the Hat afterwards. They wanted to see Horton, too - but we couldn't find him.  It was sort of like Disneyland for them, getting to meet the characters and talk to them.

Allen and I will go back to see Seussical again this weekend and I'm excited to just get to sit back and take it all in without having Little O ask me which one is All-a-Boy? and Hubba ask me I'm just wondering...do you have any food? every few minutes.  

I love seeing my kids on stage!

1 comment:

Petersons said...

That looks like more fun than New York! How in the world did All-a-boy get so tall?