Saturday, April 25, 2009

Resistance Is Futile

There was one day this week where I was actually away from my computer for nearly 18 hours.

Amazing, I know.

Of course, nearly 8 of those hours were spent sleeping. And 3 of those hours were spent away from home. But, still.

Amazing.

Most of those 8 sleeping hours were spent having dreams that were somewhere closer to nightmares. In the first one, I was aimlessly searching for a computer. I tried the library, public schools, even the bank - all to no avail. I could not get online regardless of how hard I tried. I can not remember why I needed to be online - only that it was increasingly more important that I do so. You know those dreams where you wake up and feel like you never went to sleep? This was one of those.

I awoke to my crying baby, glad for the escape from my search for an internet connection.

When I fell back asleep, a new nightmare took shape. It was one of the worst I can remember ever having. It involved the death (by spontaneous combustion) of my younger brother as well as the realization that my flesh was falling off in chunks.

To top it all off, I had a headache that would not go away for 3 days after this internet fast.

My conclusion?

Avoiding the computer is completely not worth it.

3 comments:

Happy Hubby, JJ, Bugs, Nenie and Sadie Jo said...

amen! that explains your 4 am post.

Anaise said...

YUCK! I hope tonight is better!

Teachinfourth said...

You always have the best dreams; there are times I wish my flesh would fall off in chunks, too. Is that your secret?

I feel the same way when I go to my parents' house; they used to have no Internet and I'd feel like I were completely cut off from the entire world when staying there.

If the headaches continue, maybe you should see a Dr. I have a great one I would recommend.