Saturday, April 11, 2009

He's Unique

All-a-Boy wanted to get in contact with a friend from his old school to arrange some play time over spring break next week. He pulled out the phone book in an attempt to locate his phone number and found the page with his friend's last name.

"Do you remember his mom or dad's name?" he asked me.

"All I remember is that his dad's name is unique," I answered.

"Really? His dad's name is Unique?! That should be easy to find, then!" All-a-Boy exclaimed as he continued to scan the phone book.

"No, I mean it's not your typical name that you hear everyday. It's not a normal name. "

"I know what you mean," All-Boy responded. "Kind of like the name Gerberta."

Exactly.

5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

No way! His friend's dad's name is Gerberta, too?

Crazy!

Threeundertwo said...

LOL "Unique" would be sort of a cool name. Especially if one is an uncle. "Uncle Unique"

Lesleigh said...

Between this post and the one a few days ago (What's in a name) I just had to laugh!

I've always thought the spelling of my name was unique. When I was younger I wanted to change it, now I love it.

Mom not Mum said...

Haha That's too funny. I was on facebook and looking for an old friend I knew had remarried and had no clue what her maiden name was or her new married name. I took a leap and just typed in her first name and BINGO she was the only one. There is something to be said about having a unique name.

Chelle! said...

I love reading your blog. I seem to get the giggles!!