Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Foreshadowing

Photo by Jason of Backroads Photography
Music speaks to me.

It has a way of seeping into my very being, expressing emotion that words alone cannot.

There are a few songs that bring me to tears because of memories they evoke or emotions they express. One song that brings me to tears every time is the song For Good from the musical Wicked.

It expresses the influence of a friend's presence in life and how truly powerful friendship can be.

So, to those of you who are that kind of friend to me - the kind that cross the boundary of friends into family... and the family I am lucky enough to call my friends (and I hope you know who you are) - thank you for being in my life.

Because I know you, I have been changed for good.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that song too!
You are a great friend:)

Cami said...

When I saw Wicked, I felt like a total idiot crying during that song. And every time I listen to it, it still brings on the tears.

One of the reasons, I think I get so emotional listening to it, is because I hope I can be that kind of friend. I just hope that I can change others "for good."