Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You May Play Rock Band Too Often If...

Our children's Primary at church is having a talent show this Friday. They will be sharing any and every talent under the sun with the residents of a care center in our neighborhood.

On Sunday I asked Princess (age 6) if she was going to do anything at the talent show. She said that she asked one of the teachers if she could sing "Dirty Little Secret". The teacher responded that "Pretty Little Secrets" sounded like a nice song and Princess said,

"Not Pretty Little Secrets, DIRTY Little Secret!"

The teacher asked if maybe she could think of another song.

I am just glad she didn't ask to sing her other favorite Rock Band song... the one she calls "Rock Sand".

I am a bad mommy.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Your rock band has better songs than my friends. I should come play with you guys.

Valeri said...

we have guitar hero and I often comment to my husband that it's a good thing I am focusing so much on the actual game, because I know I wouldn't like the song!

Michelle said...

LOL!! So funny!

cari said...

Hilarious!

Gerb said...

Amber - Name the time. I'm almost always here...

Valeri - I hear you on that! I've heard that RB is a little less raunchy than GH, though. Come see for yourself!

Michelle - She keeps me laughing all the time. :0)

Cari - She is.

simplysarah said...

That's awesome! I'd love to see your daughter play Dirty Little Secret.

Maybe it's wrong, but I think there is nothing cuter than innocent kids playing rockband songs.

Like my 5 and 7 year-old nephews rocking out to Say It Ain't So. HILARIOUS. Also, awe-inspiring. Those kids can rock.

Teachinfourth said...

You should have gotten that "Accordion Hero" when it was offered...I hear that NONE of the songs that come with it are inappropriate...or known for that matter.

Bad Mommy II said...

You don't have to put on the red light.