Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This Month Is Such A Special One

I was the star of the Primary on Sunday (likely because I was the only person with a birthday this week).

The kids (and teachers) all sang me the customary birthday song as I sported the 'birthday hat' and stood before them, encouraging them to sing louder.

I was presented with a small package containing one pink frosted Granny B's cookie before returning to my seat.

Super C immediately got my attention.

"Hey, you aw the best teach-o ev-o! And now it's yo birfday! That's gweat! And yo hat wooks amAYzing!"

"Thanks, Super C.," I said, smiling.

"So, anyway," he continued, "...aw you gonna shay-o that cookie?"

10 comments:

Anaise said...

Happy Birthday!!!

cari said...

Wow, you get cookies for your birthday? We get a dumb pencil.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one.

Happy Hubby, JJ, Bugs, Nenie and Sadie Jo said...

Judging by your song list the last couple of days you really want it to rain. Doesn't Mother Nature know its your birthday? Hope your b-day wishes come true and that you have a GREAT birthday!
Jen

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Gerb! I hope your day is great!

Maleen said...

At least Super-C has learned to give compliments and THEN ask for things. Sometimes people get those two mixed up.
Happy Birthday. You should move to Washington. It rains there.
ALL. THE. TIME.

Holmes said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! I hope all your wishes come true.

Amanda said...

Happy birthday!!

Teachinfourth said...

I got you the best present!

Here's what you do...click this link and close your eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOJr1csOR4

Oh yeah, make sure the speakers are turned up on your computer.

No peeking, Gerb!

Chelle! said...

So, did you share? At that point, I probably would have melted and shared with the whole class. That is another reason not to be called into Primary.

Burns said...

Happy late birthday! Yes, I am now catching up and reading all the blogs I've missed for months I guess. Who knew I had been so neglectful! Thanks for yet another funny journal entry.
Sabrina