Thursday, March 5, 2009

There Is Beauty All Around

As I was waiting for the kids after school one day this week I looked outside my window and noticed how beautifully blue the sky was. But even better than that were the white cotton candy clouds stretched across the endless expanse of azure. There was a gentle breeze pushing the billowy clouds along like a roller-box story, constantly shifting and changing.

I could get lost in that sky, I thought, finding new pictures in each cloud as they blew past.

Today as I dropped Princess off at kindergarten I noticed again how stunning the skies were. I went straight home and got my camera so the magic of this day would not be lost - the heavens were filled to capacity with brilliant white clouds set against the infinite blue.

I live in one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places on God's green earth!

Just had to say that, for the record.

It's a Beautiful Day.

7 comments:

laura said...

My mom often says, "It's a good cloud day." Like almost every day. Because of those beautiful mountains, you guys get good cloud days almost every day!

Rebecca said...

You took that picture? Wow. Awesome.

Sybrina said...

I loved that day! It WAS so pretty. I'm glad someone captured it!

Teachinfourth said...

Amen!

It looks like there's a photographer in you after all...

Gerb said...

Laura- We are definitely having our share of good cloud days lately. It's awesome.

Bec- It's not so hard when mother nature paints such a beautiful picture for me to capture...

Sybrina- We've had lots of them lately. I am loving the change in the seasons!

T5th- Aw, shucks... Actually, I just pulled off to the side of the road and snapped the shot. The mountains and sky did all the work.

Chelle! said...

I have loved this beautiful weather. I wish that it would stay!!!

annette said...

Wow! Nice picture. I could gladly hang that one in my livingroom!