- I woke up this morning, as usual, and began to fix lunches for the kids to bring to school.
- I made tortilla roll-ups, which are a welcome change from the usual PB & J.
- As I began to layer spinach atop the ham I thought of Buddy, our bird, who loves spinach.
- I looked to his cage. It was open, as usual. But no Buddy.
- I was nervous that he may have died in the night and was now resting (forever) at the bottom of his cage. I checked. No Buddy.
- I listened for his happy chirping. Nothing.
- Buddy rarely leaves his cage. Strange.
- The older kids helped Allen and I scour the house - under couches, over cupboards... no Buddy.
- Everyone left for school or work and now I remain in the house with the 4 smallish members of our family.
- Cowgirl is not yet aware that he is missing. (He is kind of HER bird.)
- Where, oh where, could our little bird have gone?
- He is playing hide-and-seek.
- Alien abduction.
- Spontaneous combustion.
- A planned escape (in the same manner of the fish residing in the tank in Finding Nemo)?
Stay tuned for new developments...
(What do YOU think happened?)