Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You Make Me Happy

Dear Mother Nature,

Yesterday I woke up to dark clouds carrying the promise of rain. I waited all day and not one drop fell. I'll admit, at first I was a little disappointed... until I realized what you were doing.

You knew the rain would turn into snow because of the chill in the air, and you remembered how much I would love for these same clouds to shower me with big, fat, exploding raindrops on Thursday, so you held them back.

Thank you for being so generous. I'm glad we're friends.

I'll meet you outside on Thursday. Please remember to bring some rain.

Sincerely,
Gerb

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

So close, yet so far away. You didn't get snow???

Teachinfourth said...

Has she written back yet?

Gerb said...

Bec- I'm telling you, mother nature's my pal this week.

T5th- Yes. She said:

Dear Gerb,

Sorry about the early rain. You know how clouds can be sometimes, they couldn't hold it any longer. But I'll do my best to save a nice downpour for your big day tomorrow.

Your BFF,
Mother Nature

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if she delivers...

Chelle! said...

Oh, I love rain showers!!! Then, I love puddle jumping after the rain showers.