Monday, March 31, 2008

TAGGED!

I have been tagged a few times by blogging buddies in the last month or so and have not responded. I don't want them to think I'm a rude "I'm too good for your tag" jerk or anything, so hopefully they will be forgiving if I pick my favorite one and count it for all 5.

Thanks for understanding.

10 years ago I…

was coming to the realization that it would be okay to have another baby. Our third child was born in 1996 with cranial synostosis, meaning one side of her skull was prematurely fused and required major invasive surgery at 8 months old to be corrected. It broke my heart to see that sweet, happy little baby have to endure such pain. She then had problems with her eyes as a result of the cranial synostosis which required many eye surgeries. I didn't think I could handle watching another child go through anything like that. By 1998 she was such a cute, spunky little thing that I thought another child (or 6 or 7) might not be so bad. And I was right!

5 things on my to-do list for today…

1) Do at least 3 loads of laundry

2) Make 6 loaves of bread

3) Call around for prices on a replacement ball joint for the suburban

4) Plan tonight's family home evening

5) Look through the bin of Baby Boy Clothes and make sure:

a. there are enough clothing items to get through the first 6 months
b. there is an outfit suitable to bring the baby home in
c. above mentioned items are freshly laundered and free of large stains

Snacks I enjoy…

  • Fresh fruit (pineapple, crisp apples, strawberries and kiwi are favorites right now)
  • Chips and chunky (mild) salsa or homemade bean dip
  • Bakery-fresh donuts (Krispy Kreme doesn't count, more sugar than donut there)
  • Quality chocolate
  • Baked goods (brownies, cookies, cupcakes, muffins, etc.)
I'll stop there, although the list could easily take up the rest of a page. I'm not too picky when it comes to snack foods.

3 Bad Habits…
  1. procrastination, mostly with house cleaning
  2. over-indulgence (see Snacks I Enjoy, above)
  3. late dinners (see bad habit #1)

5 things people don’t know about me…

  1. I love old & unique buttons. They are so fun to look through!
  2. I have to buy jeans in long lengths (34" inseam) even though I am only 5'7". This is a problem when I am pregnant, so please be forgiving of my flood-ready styles.
  3. I got myself some new socks for my birthday.
  4. I was miraculously accepted to Rick's College (now BYU-Idaho) but could not attend because my mom used the tuition money on a new Ford Mustang. Priorities, you know.
  5. No comment. I am not a very private person, so I couldn't think of anything else. Anyone want to answer this one for me?

4 comments:

c jane said...

I didn't know that tidbit about your third baby. I didn't even think I could love her more, but now I do.

P.S. Sometimes when I can't sleep at night I list your children from oldest to youngest and then from youngest to oldest. It's this thing I do with big families and insomnia.

Teachinfourth said...

#5: You like to talk to others in the rain...Even when your children are all calling for you to come in.

Cami said...

#5: You are a good listener, especially when someone is upset about being released from their beloved YW calling.

OR

#5: You're really good at keeping secrets.

OR

#5: You're really good at coming up with secret codes to "save" people (and their sanity).

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid my comments would be edited or outright rejected if I gave all the juicy information. All I'll say is, "I'd rather have a chocolate donut than..."

-Gerb's bro