Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Political Joke

I am no political analyst, but I do know that I don't know what I'm going to do when election time comes around. For the first time since I turned 18 I may just stay home and throw a "Someone Loves America" party on voting day.

I can not vote for McCain. I get a bad feeling just looking at him. Plus, he's a donkey in an elephant suit.

I can not vote for Hillary. I already endured enough time with a Clinton in the White House. I do not want to have to go through that again. Plus, she's Hillary. You know?

And Obama? No way. Here's a funny from a friend's blog that describes my feelings on Obama very well:

Q: What will the U.S. become if Obama becomes president?

A: An ObamaNation

Am I the last one to hear this joke? So true, it's almost not funny.

So. true.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

My Mom and I were chatting the other night about politics. She was commenting on who she was not going to vote for. Then, she asked me,
"Do you fly the American Flag?"
"YES!"
"Do you have anything in your past that could resemble anything horrific?"
"No!"
"Is your husband a past president of the United States?"
"UM, NO, Mom, I am not married." She then says, "Ok, then, I am writing your name in for President." Isn't is scarey to look at those that are running and be completely scared too death?

{cari} said...

I just keep telling myself, "We just need to get through the next 4 years" and then the country will be ready for Mitt. I am PETRIFIED! The thing that scares me the most is that I have a son quickly approaching 18 and I am scared to death that he'll be drafted. That is my worst fear.

{cari} said...

P.S.
I think I'm going to write in Mitt anyway. That way my conscience can be clear.

SuperSarahAnn said...

You weren't the last one to hear that joke...I am! And I had to read it three times (outloud) before I got it. All I can say is that I agree with you 100%. YIKES!!

Cami said...

I hadn't heard this one either. But you'd better believe I'll be passing it along!

This is a scary election. I really don't know who I'll vote for. I'm totally not a fan of the Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton sequence. And I'm not sure about Obama, and I'm really not sure about McCain.

I'm really not sure about much these days...

H.L. said...

I feel that I shall do a write in. I agree with {cari} My conscience will be clear if I do it that way.

Anonymous said...

I've heard racist jokes, sexist jokes and age discrimination jokes. All about the 2008 race for the White House. In the end, will we be able to have an honest debate without fear of being called a racist, sexist, old-guy-ist... (I try) Let's be real... If Condoleeza Rice ran for office she'd be more qualified with more experience than the whole lot of them. Regardless of age, race or gender. Don't get me started!

-Gerb's bro