Friday, November 20, 2009

Rich And Famous (Sort Of)


Remember this post from last year?

Well, it happened again! Only this time it was a surprise.

I got my December/January SPECIAL HOLIDAY ISSUE of Family Fun magazine on Tuesday and started to read through it. When I got to page 88 I saw this:


I thought, Funny, that sounds like the idea I submitted a LONG time ago. And it was even funnier when I saw that it mentioned our family by name. It WAS my idea! Someone did call me about publishing it about a year ago but she didn't have a definite date. Honestly? I think it was a lot more fun finding out about it this way.

Two days later I got 2 extra copies of the magazine in the mail. I'm guessing it's so I can autograph them and pass them out to my adoring fans.

It makes me feel a little famous.

To top it all off, they pay you $100 if they use your idea...

I think that makes me rich and famous.


(Hey, when it comes to fame and fortune, I take what I can get.)

15 comments:

Richard & Natalie said...

I knew I liked you for a reason; rich AND famous- WOW! Seriously, Gerb, that is really awesome. I agree being surprised about it was probably so much more fun than expecting to see it. I would have been jumping around, screaming, and showing everyone. That is one magazine I don't get anymore, so I will have to go and buy one then can I swing by and have you autograph it?!?
Congrats to you!

Kamie said...

I actually saw the article on Monday! And I was going to comment to you about it on Facebook, but I forgot until just now! Very cool!

Infertility Goddess said...

do I have to buy the magazine to find out what your idea is?

Autumn said...

That's awesome! One time my cousin and her husband were featured in the ensign with huge pics covering 3 pages. I felt famous through association. If something ever directly happened to me I wouldn't know what to do with myself. So I will share in your fame by association.

Kristin Garlick said...

Too cool!!!

Teachinfourth said...

Well, nobody claimed those autographed copies yet, have they?

Ahem...

Gina said...

Seriously? That is too cool!!!

Amber said...

That's awesome. Congratulations :)

Cami said...

I want an autographed copy! Congratulations! That is so fun.

Sarah said...

Dear Gerb,

Have I told you how awesome you are lately, because you ARE!!
Have a great day!
(oh, and congrats on your new-found fame)

Anaise said...

How fun!

I hope that basking in your fame and fortune is totally happy!

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Wahooooo! (and cha-ching!) Great job. =)

Gerb said...

Natalie- Thanks! Did you get your autographed copy? ;)

Kamie- Thanks - it was fun to happen upon it.

Jen- If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can (hopefully?) read it. If not, I bet I could find it online and email it to you. It's just about a creative (& cheap!) way to celebrate birthdays.

Autumn- I'm happy to share.

Kristin- Agreed! I'm still feeling pretty cool...

T5th- I have only given one away. If you're serious... it's yours.

Gina- Seriously!

Amber- Thanks. It feels pretty awesome.

Cami- If you come by, I'll give you my very own copy. Since we're tight like that, yo. Word.

Sarah- Have I told you lately how awesome you make me feel? Because you DO! Thanks.

Anaise- So far it's been fun. ;0)

Pam- Every little bit counts, right? I bet you could submit some of your 'Why Didn't I Think of That Wednesday' ideas and they'd totally be published in their "My Great Idea" section. If you want details on how to contact them, email me!

Lori said...

How cool! I love that magazine! You're awesome, Rich&Famous. Is the article online?

Chelle! said...

I knew you were a famous person the very first time I met you!! Now, the world knows how awesome you are!!