Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Creative Genius

On Sunday our family enjoyed dinner with cousins Glen and Jeannette. It is not often that our large family is invited over for dinner - and understandably so. However, Glen and Allen were born less than a week apart from each other and grew up more as brothers than cousins, so we were invited over and enjoyed celebrating their birthdays together.

Cousin Glen (pronounced Guh-Len, in case you wanted to know) was thoughtful enough to get Allen a gift in celebration of his upcoming big 4-0. The difficult part of wrapping a gift from one manly-man to another is that whole cutesy factor. I mean, they don't exactly make gift bags and tissue paper with ATVs and mud and guns plastered all over them. Well, with a little tape and creative genius, cousin Glen solved that problem.


One word: Awesome.

p.s. Today I am thankful for cold cereal and warm socks... and cousin Glen's creative genius.

7 comments:

cari said...

That is awesome. Especially with the cutesy pastel colors as the backdrop! :) Hope your husband has a great birthday!

Rebecca said...

I need to know if you're serious about the pronunciation of "Guh-Len"...

Anaise said...

I actually guffawed--that is so great!

P.S. I am with you 100% on your P.S.

Richard & Natalie said...

Very clever. I'll have to remember that when I don't have a masculine bag handy.
Hope the b-day goes well!;)

Sarah said...

I LOVE the fact that you are posting every day. And I love cereal too - but mostly for dinner.

Cara said...

Wow Guh-len, wow. And we thought Jeannette was the crafty one!

Corine said...

LOL - That's great Gerb! Men are just overgrown boys... making life more fun for us all! :D