Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fifteen Years

Fifteen years ago today, I fell in love.


We were expecting our second child and had decided not to find out the baby's gender. We already had a boy, and I was secretly wishing for a girl. My wish was granted in the early morning hours of November 11, 1994 as we welcomed ElemenoB into our family.

I loved everything about her from the start. Her thick, dark hair, her pouty little lips and large, inquisitive eyes... every tiny feature seemed perfect.

It is amazing to watch the transformation of a human being over the course of fifteen years. She has grown from a small, completely dependent little infant into a confident, beautiful teenager. She has changed from the toddler with screaming tantrums and a love for nothing but elastic waistbanded pants to a young woman who is a fiercely loyal friend and shopaholic.

She is a kind-hearted, creative, generous, gifted, stylish, outgoing, studious, fun-loving individual.


Happy 15th Birthday, ElemenoB!

I am so thankful to call myself your mother.

16 comments:

rorymckm said...

that is SOOOOO sweet! *wipes tear from eye*

Kristi said...

Such a pretty girl!

Kimm said...

I'm wiping my tears too! You do have a way with words friend! Your daughter is beautiful!!

Cami said...

She is beautiful, inside and out! She will go far. Love this girl! (And you too, Gerb!)

Broughton said...

Happy Birthday!!! Ever since haveing your sweet daughter in Sunday School and Young Womens I always hope that my girls turn out just like her!! Have a great Birthday!

Salcido said...

Gerberta, I love your heading picture. What a wonderful family! And you and your husband still look so young! Way to go! Hope your daughter has a great day!

Rebecca said...

Adorable, both then and now. Daughters make me smile.

cari said...

Happy Birthday! She is so incredible!

Anna said...

She is definitely a fiercly loyal friend(and all of those other qualaties) I'm proud to say that she is my best friend. (I would like to add that she is so beautiful! What a great picture of her!)

A Conservative's View said...

Elle used to be my girlfriend.

~j. said...

Happy birthday!

Richard & Natalie said...

Such a beautiful post about an equally beautiful girl.

Corine said...

Holy cow! She's gorgeous!

I have to say, I love the way you write about your family to honor them on their birthdays! It makes me wish I had thought to do that when my boys had their b-day. Fun!

Anaise said...

I can see from her picture how lovely she is, and I am learning from your writing about her that she is lovely within as well--Happy Birthday to your girl.

Gina said...

She is beautiful!

Chelle! said...

I just love your daughter!! She is so sweet and so amazing!!!