Saturday, November 7, 2009

Friendly Hands


Every year I am required to attend 20 hours worth of interpreting workshops to maintain my certification. Last night a workshop was offered for FREE, and being the penny-pinching, thrift-loving money-miser that I am, I could not resist.

Apparently, no one else could either.

Aside from the fact that it was an interesting and informative class, it was like a reunion of sorts. (Almost) EVERYONE was there!


I'm not sure which I enjoyed more, the workshop itself or the visiting with everyone before and after.

Okay, who am I kidding? The visiting wins.

I am SO thankful for my awesome interpreter friends!

7 comments:

Kimm said...

YAH for free workshops, meeting up with friends, and having MY picture on YOUR blog!! I'm loving it! Everyone else in the picture looks good too I guess...LOL

~j. said...

Glad you had a good time...but I sure wish you would have been at that dinner last night!

Gina said...

I am so wishing that I could have been there. I won't lie. I did consider. I am pretty sure that I am about to expire with not enough workshop hours. YIKES! Sounds like it was lots of fun. Yeah for interpreters.

Corine said...

That is totally awesome! And I recognize your brother from another post. Cool! :D

Anaise said...

You look really happy . . . and about 18 in that picture!

Gerb said...

Kimm- Now we're friends for REALS! Not just blog-stalkers. Awesome.

~j.- I was lamenting not being able to hang out with you guys at that shindig. We'll have to make up for it one of these weekends...

Gina- You were one of the (almost) that I mentioned. You, Sue, JJ, Maria... And I understand the about-to-expire. Mine's up for renewal at the end of this month and this workshop gave me just the hours I needed.

Corine- It's always a good time when my brother and I are together!

Anaise- You deserve all sorts of nice things for that comment. You made my day! 18?! I saw Mary and Bob there and took a picture. I need to email it to you.

Jen said...

Gerb - Now I know I have been gone for a long time! Except for you, I dont recognize anyone in that photo! *sobs*