Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Big FOUR-OH!

I have been looking forward to telling you everything that I am thankful for today. This one's easy... I am thankful for this guy.


Today Allen celebrates his 40th birthday. So first off, let's give credit where credit is due: I am thankful to my sweet mother-in-law for getting him here. And for raising him the way that she did so that I could have such a great man for my husband.

I won't get into too much detail here, but let me tell you a few reasons why I am thankful for this man of mine.

I am thankful that he is service-minded. He is always going out of his way to do kind things for others, even when he doesn't always have the time to do so.

I am thankful for his ability to make or fix or build or do ANYTHING he sets his mind to. If he doesn't know how to do something, he's not afraid to learn.

I am thankful that he loves kids as much as I do.

I am thankful that he has such an amazing family which I have called my own from the start. I have the best in-laws on this planet!

I am thankful that he works hard and takes pride in a job well done.

I am thankful that he knows when to be serious... and when to be silly. It is so fun to have a spouse who laughs at my jokes and makes me laugh as well.

I am thankful he is mine.

Happy Birthday, Allen! Here's to many, many more years to celebrate together.

10 comments:

~j. said...

Happy birthday, A-Dogg!

(Can I even call him A-Dogg?)

Infertility Goddess said...

I think you should take some credit on what a great guy Allen is. After all, behind every good man is an incredible wife.

(or thats what i tell myself anyway ;0 )

Corine said...

What a great guy. :D Isn't it fun to count your blessings, esp when they relate to your husband?
- Allen, Happy Birthday!

BTY- I think b-days that end in a Zero are so much fun.

Gerb said...

~j.- He loves nicknames. When we were dating we called each other all sorts of things because we thought lovey nicknames were so dang cheesy, and we were funny. So, short answer: A-Dogg is perfectly acceptable.

Jen- Well, thanks. =0)

Corine- I realize more and more everyday how many blessings there are to count.

Sarah said...

Wow, what a great couple you guys make! Happy Birthday!

hintonrae said...

Awwww! I love that you love your man so much! Here's to many more years together, and happy bday to your Allen.

Chelle! said...

Happy Birthday Allen!!!

Mrs. Black said...

Happy Birthday Allen!
-Daren & Shannon

Anaise said...

Happy Birthday to Allen!

I think good husbands are one of life's very best blessings. ;)

Rachel said...

I am not quite sure where to contact you but this may be off the subject related to this post.

I have been wondering since you are interpreter and Chip as interpreter as well.

My husband who is an interpreter as well heard that the pay up in Utah is lousy and that every interpreter moved out of state for the better pay but what it intrigued me that I met so many amazing interpreters in Utah who are awesome and has great family and such.

So, I wonder how much does an interpreter earn per hour or per year if you can ask Chip or your experience?