Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's RAD

Remember the word RAD from back in the 80's? I loved that word. Everything was rad. Rad, as in: It looks so rad when you peg your pants! Or, The A-Team is such a rad show! Well, I'm bringing it back today. Except instead it's an acronym for Random And Disjointed because that's what this post is going to be. Here are a few things I've been pondering lately...

I can't believe I ever used to cook quesedillas in the microwave. They just don't compare to the pan-fried version.

I need to make the time to read more often.

I need to get outside more, although that would likely necessitate my putting on something besides pajama pants and an oversized t-shirt.

Why in the WORLD would the Anniversary Inn make a Twilight-themed room (based off of the vampire books)? Can you imagine the conversations that would take place?
Husband: "Happy anniversary, honey. Isn't it nice having some time alone?"
Wife: "If you can't sparkle in the sun, don't talk to me. I'm having an Edward moment."

I am terrible at making decisions. Why? Is it because I don't know what I want or because I'm afraid of what someone else will think of my decision? I can't decide.

Gravity is awesome.

So is peanut butter.

I'll admit I'm not really at the top of my game when it comes to knowing the who's-who of 80's hair bands. But when did Britney Spears join Poison?


The end.

11 comments:

Cara said...

Ha ha when I saw the photo I thought it was Fergie from the Black eyed Peas!! And yes shame on microwave quesadillas!

Gerb said...

Cara- There really is a huge difference isn't there? The slightly browned, crisp tortilla shell housing the perfectly melted cheesy center... now I need to go make myself one.

Kimm said...

haha! Love the RAD post!

Gerb said...

Kimm- Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

Kara said...

I also agree on the quesadillas but we love to add chopped, grilled chicken and fajita sauce. Add in a side fruit salad and there's dinner. Yum!

Richard & Natalie said...

Fun post, Gerb. It made perfect sense to me! Lol.

Autumn said...

I have always been behind the times in style and language. Style because I shop at yard sales and language because I resist anything mainstream for as long as I can. Other great words I used in the 90's: Gnarly, tubular, bogus, dude, dudette (Thanks Ninja Turtles)

Lori said...

OMG. I never noticed that about Britney Spears, but always did think she looked a little familiar. Too funny. That was sort of like the 3am slumber party I'm-really-really-tired-but-don't-want-to-fall-asleep-yet-conversation. Like, totally. Night.

Deb said...

pan fried ARE so much better then microwave!!! Ive been thinking lately that a lot of stuff is better in the oven or on the stove instead of the microwave! I remember rad and all those other 80 words!

Gerb said...

Kara- Quick and easy dinners which involve cheese are my favorites.

Natalie- That's comforting. ;)

Autumn- The Ninja Turtles were totally tubular! However, I watch them now and they sort of freak me out. The cartoon's still okay, though.

Lori- Why do we ever stop having slumber parties, anyway? I find they are the best way to get people to say things in a tired stupor. The only problem is that I talk way too much when I'm beyond tired, too. So, scratch what I just said.

Deb- Amen! I'm thinking I should go on a microwave fast... except for when I need to thaw my meat-stuffs. Then it's mandatory.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I loved this post. So many memories!!! HA HA!!! But, I would have to say that I love my Quesadilla maker...it beats the microwave and the pan fried type.