Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wishes

If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets in the sea. -Eric Bogle


Some days I wish my hair looked good short.

I will always wish I could play the piano.

I wish someone could find a cure for cancer and FOP.

I wish they made carseats with wheels and handles (like rolling luggage).

I wish I had good fashion sense. Or a personal shopper who does. Or both.

Sometimes I wish I was a boy.

I wish eclairs and brownies and chocolate and ice cream were good for you.

I wish I could dance well enough to be the star of a flash mob.

I wish I was less judgmental.

Sometimes I wish I was invisible. Or a mind reader.

I wish I still owned that pair of Flojos from high school. Those were awesome.

I wish I had a food replicator in my kitchen like they have on Star Trek. Or a house elf. Or both.

I wish everyone could just get along.

7 comments:

La Yen said...

I can totally grant one of those wishes for you. Genius car seat:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=533888&parentCategoryId=85184&categoryId=85220

Gerb said...

La Yen!! That is EXACTLY what I have wanted for my entire mothering life!! You're like my fairy godmother. THANK YOU!

Chelle! said...

I love your wishes. My wish is that I would have all my things accomplished on my "to do" list. :)

Anaise said...

Looks like it was one of "those" days. I have them, too.

I wish for you to have a great day today!

Rachel said...

Fried pickles. I wish that fried pickles and chocolate solved everything.

I'm going to see if it will. I'm going to go and eat some this afternoon and see if we have world peace when I am done.......

Teachinfourth said...

I have wished for a few of those items myself...what I wouldn't give for a good house elf and a sense of fashion...

Anonymous said...

Those are all of my wishes except for being a boy. I can't decide what would be better - a house elf or food replicator. And why have we had to lug car seats around anyway? The wheel was invented a long time ago! Jerri