Wednesday, November 30, 2011

PAH!

pic here

My friend Michelle issued a challenge to blog everyday in November, and I did it. I DID IT! It's a funny thing, but when I am forced to write every day it actually triggers some sort of thinking mechanism that makes it easier to come up with things to write about by the end of the month.

Here are the final 6 things I am thankful for - one for each day of this month.

25. Words! And the ability to speak and write them in some coherent fashion. The more words I've got in my arsenal, the easier it is to say what I'm trying to say.

26. The grocery store and the truckers who bring the stuff there and the people who sell it to the companies that ship it through the truckers who bring it to my grocery store. Then all I have to do is hop in my car and buy it. I bet the pioneers would have thought that was awesome. Or lazy.

27. Christmas spirit. It brings out the best in (most) people and makes good things happen.

28. My kids' friends. They are good kids who come from good families. I'm thankful for them - and I like them. Really.

29. Inspiration. From books, talks, friends, family, songs, church leaders, quotes, etc. It helps keep me going in the right direction. It brings me encouragement, peace and happiness.

30. American Sign Language. If you don't know it, you should. It is an amazingly expressive language that comes in handy more than you'd think. If you do know ASL, the title of this blog post was for you. Isn't the picture that goes with it perfect?

I am also thankful for people who read my blog. It's nice to know that people like what I have to say enough to come back for more. Thanks, friends!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I have been doing TERRIBLE with my blog!!!! I'm thankful you have been blogging to remind me of all the things that I too am thankful for.

Funny ASL story: Kirsten was at the dentist the other day, mouth wide open, tools and fingers in her mouth... She couldn't say anything so she took her hand made the sign for needing to go to the bathroom. The dentist looked at her puzzled and she kept making the sign. I busted up laughing when the dentist said, "I think she is trying to tell me something important". He pulled the stuff out of her mouth and she jumped up and yelled, "bathroom" and took off. It was quite funny.

Levi is learning sign. His favorite is to answer yes or no in sign.

Chelle! said...

YEAH!!! I got mentioned on your blog. I am so excited. I have always dreamed of being mentioned on your amazing blog. YIPPEE!!! :)

Thanks for blogging for the entire month. You are amazing!!!

Rebecca said...

What does PAH mean? I obvioulsy don't know ASL. Wish I did, though.

Gerb said...

Bec- It's kind of a Deaf idiom. It can be loosely translated as 'success!' or 'I did it' or 'finally!' Something along those lines. But it is always positive. :) And it's signed pretty much the way the guy in the drawing looks.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got mentioned too Chelle! Because I keep coming back for more! Jerri

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you were challenged. I LOVE reading your blog and about your family and on and on and on.
Plus, ASL is awesome, and it's not even an intregal part of my life!

Richard & Natalie said...

Good for you. That is quite the accomplishment & I sure enjoyed reading all of them.
I finally got my computer back after it being gone for a whole month, so I hope to get back into blogging again soon. That is if I can get it away from my kids.

Teachinfourth said...

There is so much to be thankful for, isn't there? Sometimes I fail to see it.

Thanks for the reminders, my friend.