Friday, November 4, 2011

Lucky Me

When I think of the things I am thankful for, this guy is the first thing that comes to mind.


Allen takes such great care of our family - he is a wonderful provider and jack-of-all trades who can do pretty much anything that he sets his mind to.


His skills with woodworking continue to amaze me with each new project he undertakes. He dreams up his creations, designs them in his head, and builds them with precision and beauty.

From very early on in our marriage it was easy to see what a hard worker Allen is. He is extremely service-oriented and always looking for opportunities to help others, too.

He loves the outdoors. Not only does he keep our yard in immaculate condition (one neighbor reports she once saw him laying on the front lawn, cutting the blades of grass with a pair of scissors), he also loves spending time out in nature - hiking the mountains, rafting the rivers and biking the trails.


Allen has always been awesome when it comes to housework and taking care of the kids. I remember a time when I was getting home late at night from a meeting and one of the women there sarcastically mentioned, "I'm sure we'll all get home and our houses will be clean and the kids will all be in bed," then a friend of mine piped up, "At Gerb's house, that will be the case!"


One of my favorite things about Allen is that he does not take himself too seriously. He knows how to laugh and be silly and have fun.

I am so lucky to have him as not only my husband, but my best friend.

Happy birthday, Allen!

8 comments:

tinaurbanik said...

You both are lucky and an inspiration to all who know you :)

Angela said...

Oh Gerb you two are so perfect for each other I hope your husband has a great day with his family and i love the young picture of you two its so cute

Chelle! said...

Happy Birthday Allan!

Rebecca said...

What a guy!

A Lark said...

You are both lucky.... or maybe you just deserve each other? (:

Richard & Natalie said...

You are lucky, but he is too. To have a wife that truly recognizes and appreciates all of the good her husband does is a rare blessing indeed. Happy Birthday Allen!

Anaise said...

You are lucky (and so am I. :))

Happy Birthday to your man.

Teachinfourth said...

Congrats to you both...