Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things I'm Worried I Forgot


Once Coolister left for college I started to worry that I might have forgotten to teach him certain things. In fact, things kept coming to mind at random times and I would think - Does Coolister know that? Did we teach him that? So I started to write them down in a notebook I keep in my purse.

Here is the list so far...

-If something sounds too good to be true, it almost always is.

-Always open doors for females, it doesn't matter what age they are.

-Say 'Thank you' often!

-Righty=tighty, lefty=loosey.

-Shepherd's Pie is super easy but a lot more healthy than Ramen. (Layer ground meat, spaghetti sauce, potatoes then cheese.)

-Be a friend to everyone, even the jerks.

-Always return or replace the things you borrow in better condition.

-Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal.

-Respect your elders. Even when you know (think) you're right.

-You can not fully understand the power of a hand-written Thank You note.

-Sincere compliments go a long way, too.

-"Made from scratch" is ALWAYS better than "from the box". Better tasting and better for you.

-If you want to make sure you're buying healthy bread, make sure the number of grams of fiber is always higher than the number of grams of sugar.

-If you're ever feeling down, do something nice for someone else. It's amazing what serving others can do to lift your mood.

5 comments:

HL said...

I love that you are posting regularly again. I have missed seeing your posts.


When will you start doing four perspective again?

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, some things I think many of us could all use reminders of...

Thanks, Gerb.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Teachinfourth. Plus, I need to start teaching - no - ingraining these things in my kids! Jerri

Rachel said...

Good things for all of us to remember!!

Blogful said...

I didn't know that about the bread. That's a great rule of thumb. I am mother of 3 in my 30s. Wish my mom kept a list.