Sunday, November 13, 2011

Last Week's Menu


This post is for my friends Gina and Maria who think it would be SOOOOO interesting to know what my menus are like.

Here's what I made for dinners over the last two weeks:

Sunday: Italian Chicken and Rice with Green Beans and Rolls

Monday: Chicken Crescents with Green Salad and Candied Acorn Squash

Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce and Broccoli on the side

Wednesday: Butternut Squash Soup with Rolls (I used a pint of cream instead of the cream cheese and baked the squash before blending instead of boiling it in the broth.)

Thursday: Enchiladas with Sweet Corn

Friday: Homemade Pizza (it was ElemenoB's birthday party with her friends so we went with super simple)

Saturday: Tomato Tortellini Basil Soup with Goldfish Crackers

(This week we had a lot of squash because someone gave us quite a few from their garden and I had to give them all a try. The Butternut Squash Soup was for SURE a new favorite.)

Sunday: Mexican Chicken and Rice with Green Beans

Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup with Oyster Crackers

Tuesday: Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Green Beans

Wednesday: Beef Stroganoff with Broccoli

Thursday: Pigs in a Blanket with Green Salad

Friday: Baked Beans and Biscuits with Mixed Vegetables

Saturday: Chicken Stuffing Casserole with Green Beans

If anyone is interested in recipes for any of these or a list of what we make for breakfasts or lunches, leave a comment and let me know.

7 comments:

Chelle! said...

Thanks for sharing...now, what time do you normally sit down for dinner...I will be dropping by. As for the recipes...I think that you should share! :)

Blogful said...

Your tortellini soup with mushrooms and sausage is a favorite around here. I loved how you took so many pictures (ala PW) when you blogged it. Any great tips for picky kids or getting your kids to eat good food? I'd love to see more recipes.

Rachel said...

That is a whole lot of squash and veggies............ ;)

Today's Gift said...

Thanks for this list! Can I have the recipe for chicken cresents and Italian chicken and rice?

Anonymous said...

What is the difference between Italian and Mexican Chicken? Jerri

Gina said...

Wha....I mean..How....Umm...K... Where is the cereal? Gerb. You never cease to amaze me. That is pure genius in the kitchen. You truly cook every night. Dumbfounded. I must cook more meals. Open shame. That is what is happening now. Open shame. I am going to try something from this list. I have two butternut squash right now. I have had them for about 2 months. I just didn't know what to do with them. Get ready, get set, (don't get overwhelmed) GO!

Steph said...

Send recipes for any and all things you make and enjoy, Gerb. I desperately need some new things on the menu.