Monday, November 14, 2011

Being Thankful

quote from here

I have been reading all sorts of great quotes about gratitude and being thankful this month. They serve as good reminders of all that I have to be thankful for and how to best express that gratitude.

Here are a few of my favorites:

quote from here


quote from here



quote from here


This last quote is my favorite of them all. I want to be more like this. It is so true! When I'm around people who complain and dwell on the negative in their life it can be exhausting. I'm sure the same is true for those who have to listen to me gripe and complain about silly things. I want to be someone who is known as a person who 'brightens all around them'. Isn't that an awesome description?

Here are 14 things I am thankful for, in no particular order: (one for each day of the month so far)

1. My handsome, hard-working, handyman husband.
2. My crazy, fun, intelligent children.
3. Our friendly neighborhood and warm, cozy home.
3. My in-laws. All of them! (I seriously married into the most awesome family!)
4. Second-hand stores.
5. Cousin Raylene for making me feel like a rockstar any time I get a haircut.
6. Bakeries.
7. Music.
8. The family I was born into.
9. Friends that are like family. (You know who you are, right?)
10. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
11. Deaf culture. (I LOVE this part of the definition I linked to:
Members of the Deaf community tend to view deafness as a difference in human experience rather than a disability.)
12. My washer and dryer.
13. My camera - and pictures of the people/things I love.
14. Laughter, especially when it's coming from one of my kids.

3 comments:

Richard & Natalie said...

Gerb, I love your list and would echo it as my own with the exception of deaf culture- which I have not been exposed to a whole lot. But I would add "good health" in it's place.
I also love that part of the Elder Wirthlin's quote about people who "brighten all around them". It's a good reminder to be the sun instead of a rain cloud.

Anonymous said...

I visit your blog because you are like Elder Wirthlin's quote. Jerri

lee woo said...

Be thankful for all you have, because you never know what happen next. See the link below for more info.


#thankful
www.ufgop.org