Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful

(A glimpse of the mountains on the way to my kids' school. Don't you think the view is... cool?)

The sound of waves on ocean shore,
A laugh, a smile, an open door,
A bird in flight, the dreams that soar,
These are the things I'm thankful for.

Sunrise, sunset, a garden gate,
Freshly baked cookies on my plate,
Some time to read, write and create;
These are things I appreciate.

Great times with family, friends and food,
Songs which dispel an awful mood,
For falling rain, for clouds that brood;
For all these things - my gratitude.

A donut topped with maple glaze,
To bask in sunshine's warming rays,
The insights gained in passing days;
For all these things I offer praise.

~Gerb (November 2009)

6 comments:

Katy said...

Nice thoughts, Gerb. Thanks!

Chelle! said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am so thankful for many things especially life! Thanks for being an amazing friend. :)

Rachel said...

Beautiful and Amen.

Sarah said...

Loved this. LOVED.

Teachinfourth said...

I think a maple bar run is in order...

soon.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem - my thoughts exactly! Jerri