Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Like You. Really.

Some of my children have informed me at different times that their friends are either scared of me or think that I don't like them. I'm not sure why this is. I can't really think of many of my kids' friends that I don't like.

I'm going to be traveling as a chaperone with Thumbelina and the cross country team on a trip soon and I was thinking of what I could do so that the kids won't think I'm some meanie-pants parent. I thought maybe I could make myself a shirt that gets the message across for me.

First I came up with this:

but it seemed a bit creepy.

So I thought something like this might get the message across:

except that sometimes I am scary. And I don't want to be a liar. I mean, have you ever seen the way my nostrils flare when I laugh? Or my stalker-smile? Scary.

Well, how about this one?
Nah. More lies.

Well, this one would dispel any worries about my not liking them, right?

But that didn't seem subtle enough. And a bit too needy.

So I finally decided it would be more fun to just mess with them and wear something like this:

Maybe they're right. Maybe I am just scary.

8 comments:

Rory, Chocolate Hair/Vanilla Care said...

dying. seriously, the last shirt is perfect!

La Yen said...

Embrace the scary! NOT having to talk to teens on a bus is a precious gift from God.

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Really? People think you're scary and don't like them? How is this possible?

Linn said...

Hysterical! Oh man, I love that last shirt. Where do I place an order?

Richard & Natalie said...

I love your sense of humor, Gerb. That last one is priceless!

Kacy said...

Keep an eye on Sam for me!

Chelle! said...

I love this post. It reminds me when "the list" was going around amongst our young women in our stake listing who they thought my favorite young women were...my shirt would probably say, "There is no list! Everyone is my favorite!" :)

Teachinfourth said...

The last shirt is awesome...