Monday, January 26, 2009

Poop Poop Poop Poop

I wonder, did you see the title of this post and consider NOT reading on? It is really funny to me how uncomfortable the word can make people feel. I mean, we all do it... me, you, animals.

As teens my brother and I even came up with our own acronym so we could talk about poop in mixed company: PONAS. Love it. It became my favorite exclamation.

Didn't make the cut for the play? PONAS!

Didn't get asked to the dance? PONAS!

Burned the cookies? POnAS!

(Have fun deciphering it. It's a little gift from me to you - a puzzle of sorts. You're welcome.)

That being said, my heart gave a little flutter when I saw this at the store the other day:
This toy "...comes with its very own newspaper, pile of puppy poop and pooper scooper accessories."

Cowgirl and I were looking for a birthday gift she could give to a friend from school. I thought, mission accomplished! the second I saw it, but Cowgirl was horrified and refused to gift such a thing. She thought it was disgusting.

That made it even funnier.

I would have bought it for myself, but I held back.

Besides, my birthday will be here before I know it.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Poop ON A Stick?

Jon and Maryanne said...

That is hillarious! Kambria loves The Littlest Petshop toys! But I never would have imagined they would have accessories like that! :) LOL

DaNae said...

HAHA, I knew I would love this post the moment I saw the title! :) Love it. That toy is genius, any child would be lucky to be gifted with such a piece! PONAS!

cari said...

Gerb, you are definitely one of a kind--so funny!

Chelle! said...

You are too hilarious!!! Thanks for making me laugh today. You always seem to do it.

Mom of Three said...

That is funny!! Truely funny!!

Trish said...

Ah, Gerb...you just know how much I like the subject of poop!!

Gerb said...

Rebecca- WINNER! WINNER! I have a prize for you...

Maryanne- I think Kambria NEEDS this one.

DaNae- Maybe Macey needs a new little friend to play with in the tub?

Cari- My kids use the word 'freak'. But 'one of a kind' works for me. =) Thanks.

chelle- And your birthday is coming up, too! I think I know just what you need...

Mom of 3- I agree. It's my kind of toy!

trish- I can't wait for the you-know-what stuffed animal. It KILLS me not to mention that idea to anyone!! Tell Robert to GET ON IT!

Sister Pottymouth said...

That is the AWESOMEST toy! It would make a great companion to T's flaming dragon.

Teachinfourth said...

You know, I drive by this dairy every day to work; I could pick you up a fresh pie if you wanted...