Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's For Dinner?

It had been a long time since I made Sweet and Sour Chicken for dinner.

I love this meal. Even though it takes a little more effort than usual, it is well worth it.

I gathered the ingredients and began to slice, measure, chop and mix.

Boy, did it smell tasty when it was finally ready to serve!

I dished up a serving for everyone, proud of myself for putting forth the extra effort.

I was a true domestic goddess!

As the kids gathered around the table, Princess looked upset.

"What's wrong, Princess?" I asked. "Why are you sad?"

No response.

Me: "You should be SO happy today because look! Did you see what I made for dinner? Do you know what it is?"

Princess: "Yeah. It is dus-gusting!"

Now I remember why it has been so long since I've made it.

I am the Domestic Goddess of Disgusting.

8 comments:

Amber said...

It looks good to me

Amanda said...

It looks good to me too! Yummy!

Sybrina said...

Oh, I love sweet and sour! I used to make it all the time- but apparently this new generations doesn't know good food when they see it! Captain won't eat pizza! None of them will eat spaghetti! Miss M doesn't like syrup on her pancakes. And, Mr K won't eat pudding... Weirdos!

Sister Pottymouth said...

I have a note from A-- from when he was about 5 or 6. He was mad at me and was in time out in his room. He slipped a note under the door telling me how the dinner I made was "disgusting" and that he would never eat it, ever. Funny thing is, that very meal is his favorite thing now.

Sarah said...

Oh, wow. That looks sooooo yummy!!! *running off to make something mediocre for dinner*

Gerb said...

Amber & Amanda-
Well now I know what to bring your family for dinner the next time someone breaks an arm or something. (Let's hope that doesn't happen...)

Sybrina-
That is weird. Pizza? Spaghetti? SYRUP? Are you making this stuff up?

Sis. P-
The things they say in the heat of the moment! I know they're mad, but it always cracks me up when they're not looking.

Sarah-
It's no Rice Krispy treats, but it's good stuff. =0)

Panama Jones said...

I still haven't gotten my kids to like zuchini, and while I could swear they once liked my beef stroganoff now they tolerate it, at best. Are these really my kids?

Teachinfourth said...

Okay, I burst out laughing at this little gem. Of course, this way there's always more for you. Right?