Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School Days For Seven of Nine

No, I'm not talking about that Seven of Nine...


I'm talking about these 7 of 9:

Coolister, my senior, who would only give me a quick fake smile and thumbs-up before running to catch the bus in his freshly-ironed shirt.


ElemenoB, the sophomore, who would not pose for a picture at all and just kept saying, "Go away!" So of course I had to keep taking pictures as she made her way down the block. And look what happened!
I captured a photo of Sasquatch!! (Thanks for putting up with me, ElemenoB. I am such a weird mom - wanting to take first day of school pictures and all of that.)


Thumbelina, our freshman! I can't believe I have 3 kids in high school. She almost missed the bus but still posed for a quick snapshot with a cheesy smile.


All-a-Boy, the confident 6th grader.


Cowgirl, our 4th grade sweetie.


Princess, the cute 2nd grader.


And Hubba... well, he doesn't start kindergarten until next week. But don't be fooled by the innocent sleeping face. This precocious little guy is just charging his batteries!


Where does the time go?! I can't believe the summer is gone - or that my kids are so grown up.

These are the things I am musing about today at Four Perspectives.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Loser mom. That's me. Forgot to take school photos. AGAIN!

Last year about a week later I made The Native's stand outside and pretend it was the first day of school and took their photos. They were non-plussed.

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Atta boy, Hubba! Sleep as long as you can. Kinder starts for us on September 7. Jackjack is unsure--I'll show him pics of his twin Hubba going to K. That will get him excited!

Teachinfourth said...

I miss having AAB in my class…he made it a point to come up to me in the hallway and broke out crying saying he missed me and wanted to go back a grade.

Well, that's what he wanted to do...

olivia said...

GERBERTA! I LOVE YOU! really. i said these words outloud when i saw your comment—even before i read this awesome post. i laughed out loud with EVERY joke. right from star trek on down to "you're such a weird mom."

beyond EVERYTHING i love those pictures of your sophomore. tell her i'll name my baby after her if it's a girl. ;)

Shannon said...

Well, the kids may not look overly amused, but it is obvious that the photos were taken with tons of love! I'm sure it will be a great year for all of them Gerb - especially with the new Snickerdoodle on the way :-).

A Lark said...

I love that you take pictures of all of them on the first day of school. I can't believe E. is a sophomore! Where does the time go, indeed.