Sunday, August 22, 2010

Laws Help Us

photo from internetjournalist.com

Today's 5-6 year-old Sunday School lesson was on obeying laws. As part of our discussion I posed this question to my class:

What are some laws and rules that are there to help us?

Here are my favorite answers:

"You have to wear seatbelts in the car... except when you're driving to church, because it's just right close by."

"Keep your house clean or it will look like trash... white trash."

"You can NOT marry your sister. Or ANYone in your same family."

6 comments:

Katie said...

Ha! I love it! I taught that lesson today as a substitute and I can say there was nothing that funny in my class. :)

Richard & Natalie said...

I can see one of my kids saying #1.
My kids need to learn #2.
#3 is just a good rule any way you look at it.

This made me miss Primary...

Rachel said...

How often we argue the seatbelt rule in our household. "But it's just to the school. It's close"!. :D After our accident, I don't care if we're just sitting in the car and not turning it on. Seatbelts. A must.

As for the clean house.... too funny. Something I scream my head off about as well.

And the third...... yup! Good point.

Shannon said...

Now THAT'S good Sunday School!

Teachinfourth said...

Well, those rules are there to protect us...

Farscaper said...

That's so funny! I love to hear the crazy things that pop out of kid's mouths.

My kids could have given you some crazy whoppers too. They like to dish out hybrids between something they've heard us say and their crazy interpretation of it. Perhaps a blending of 2 different rules.

OH... and in our house, every rule can be backed up with "because Jesus told us to".