Thursday, August 5, 2010

And She's Only Seven

photo from runnerspace.com


As I was dropping off my two oldest girls for Cross Country practice yesterday afternoon, Cowgirl noticed that one of the boys at practice was not wearing a shirt.

"SICK!" she exclaimed. "Why doesn't that guy put his shirt on?!"

When we returned to pick them up awhile later Cowgirl pointed out the same shirtless young man.

"I wish that guy would just put his shirt back on! That is gross."

"Stop looking at him, then, Cowgirl," I responded.

"I can't help it! I'm not trying to look at him!" she told me in an exasperated voice.

Then, from the seat behind her, Princess flashed a sly smile and piped in, "Well, I am..."




Heaven help me.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally need a "like" button right now. Thanks for the giggle!

Linn said...

Hahahahahahaha! That is absolutely hilarious and it made my day!

PS. Thanks for your sweet comment on the blog. It really meant a lot.

Shannon said...

She isn't called Princess for nothing you know...what would Cowgirl need with a shirtless man? Adorable!

Corine said...

LOL!!! That's great! So innocent... and so honest. :) I have to say, I took my kids hiking recently with a couple other families and took a group photo of all the kids. One of the teen boys of another family took off his shirt, and I'll admit... in my old fashioned mind it ruined the photo. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE a handsome man's physique... but I love modesty more. There is a time and a place, and most people just don't get it!!!!

Teachinfourth said...

I can't tell you how much this just made me smile. Thanks for giving me something positive this morning to read.

Richard & Natalie said...

That Princess is precocious and precious all wrapped up in one little girl.
Thanks for the smile.

diane rene said...

hehehe thanks for the hearty chuckle ;0)

Lori said...

Whew. She and Lawson will be a pair...

Anaise said...

Oh.

I have girls like both of yours in this story.

Heaven help us both!

Farscaper said...

Awesome!!

Rachel said...

Oh that is funny! Yeah! You're in doo doo!