Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cowgirl Loves Pancakes


It is my sweet Cowgirl's 9th birthday today. NINE years! Where does the time go? I can still remember what an angel she was as a baby. She rarely cried, even as a newborn. She would wake up in the morning and just lay there in her crib, waiting for someone to come get her for breakfast. She has grown into such a beautiful girl and her heart is as tender as they come.

Cowgirl has been reminding me for an entire month that she has never had a birthday party (no SuperMom status here) and that I needed to get some invitations ready pretty soon or it would be too late. Yesterday when I picked her up from school the first thing she asked about were those blasted invitations.

I had none.

But little does she know that today after school I have arranged for she and 4 friends to dine on pizza and ice cream and then to go see a movie that she has been dying to see.

Redemption.

And then, to make it even better, I arranged for IHOP to give away a free short stack of pancakes to every person who comes in from 7 am to 10 pm today. How cool is that?! SuperMom status, achieved!

(Okay, actually, I lied. They were already doing that at IHOP. But let's not tell Cowgirl, okay?)


Happy birthday, Cowgirl. We love you to the moon and back again infinity times.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I think that is pretty cool that IHOP is celebrating your daughter's 9th birthday! She should feel pretty special. ;)

Richard & Natalie said...

A party with surprise thrown in? Redemption is in the bag.

Plus, I think I know where dinner is going to be tonight!

Kara said...

Happy Birthday! I hope she enjoys her day and especially the surprise.

Anaise said...

Happy Birthday to Cowgirl!!!

I hope it was a great day and that being 9 years old is everything you hope it will be.

Mom not Mum said...

Happy Birthday to Cowgirl! Hope she enjoys those pancakes. Hmmm I wonder if I can squeeze IHOP in between guitar lessons and pack meeting???

My little girl turned 8 on Monday...guess I should get blogging.

Linn said...

Happy Birthday to that sweet girl! And seriously Gerb, you ALWAYS make me laugh!