Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Zippadee-A and Hi-de-ho!

Guess who turns 15 this Saturday?

My biggest boy.

The same kid who used to be called "La-la".

The boy who wanted to marry me when he got big.

The one who used to profess his love of dinosaurs and paleontology to the world!

Until he wanted to be a secret agent.

Or Batman.

Or a tennis player.

The same kid who wrote me this Mother's Day note:
(You probably can't read it. It says: Dear Mom, I love you. its Mother's day! I bet you forgot about my decorated beer bottle(?). Well its a mothers day present! And my favorite part, down at the bottom of the card: nose blood)

The kid who used to write me poems.

The teenager who (ok, I'll admit it) can beat me in ping-pong.

This boy is turning 15! Fifteen!

Next year, he'll be old enough to date. Hoo boy. I'm not ready for that.

He thinks he'll be able to drive, too, but the jury is still out on that one.

He is such a great sport.

I told him I wanted a shot of him without his braces, and he indulged me with this picture:

and then said, "Great. That's the one you're going to use on your blog, isn't it?"

Your wish is my command.

At least I didn't use that other picture you loved so much.

(By the time he gets home from scout camp and reads this, it will be Saturday and he will be 15. So...)

Happy Birthday, Coolister!

8 comments:

laura said...

Wow! I can't believe it...15. All my little third graders are growing up and going to high school. Crazy! Tell Coolister Happy Birthday from his third grade teacher!

Chelle! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR COOLISTER!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Threeundertwo said...

Happy Birthday! Love the way the note was personalized with nose blood!

Rebecca said...

Try not to think about the fact that in another decade (only 2/3 the time it's been since he was a tiny baby) he could be married. You could even be a GRANDMA! It could happen...

Teachinfourth said...

Whoa, Coolester is 15ish? Time certainly does fly, doesn't it? Good thing the rest of us don't age at the same rate, right?

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Gerb, you seem far too young to me to have a 15 yr old!

cari said...

Happy Birthday! I love the picture with him playing dress up. Very funny. Way to keep your boy humble! :)

Trish said...

Happy B-day La La!

They are growing up too fast. Sometimes I wish time would just stop for a minute so I can soak it in a little more.

One things for sure...you guys make good lookin' kids!!