Monday, February 6, 2012

Making My Day

I made my way to Scout Committee Meeting, wondering once again why I was even a part of the committee. I have so many opinions on how to do things that I just keep to myself. What was the point in being there? I was going through the usual self-pity talk about being the only woman and the least respected person there when I opened my notebook to a random page in order to begin taking notes on what was being said.

I found this.
And for the rest of the day the self-pity ceased, I had a smile on my face and I just felt awesome in general.

It's amazing what power there is in a kind word or thought.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ohhhhh! It's committee leaders like yours that makes a woman rethink eternity. :D Be grateful you're not married to him/them.

Now, let's all do the watermelon cheer for Gerb! Oh wait! We're more mature now. That was Cubs.......

Richard & Natalie said...

I say we still do the watermelon cheer for Gerb! And her kids, who by the way, are AWESOME! Love finding notes like that.

Gerb said...

Rach & Nat - Here's a big watermelon cheer for the both of you! SLUUUUUUUURP... PFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!