Thursday, February 2, 2012

3-D Cell Model Pizza


All-A-Boy is a clever kid. When he was tasked with creating a 3-D model of a cell for a school assignment he went about it in a different way than most. In true almost-a-teenager form, he made it out of food. Pizza, to be precise.

He listed various ingredients to represent each part of the cell and then put his creation together.

He was a little nervous about cooking it, thinking that some components wouldn't be as easily distinguished, but ultimately decided that his class would enjoy his presentation even more if they could sample it afterward.

He was right - it was educational, memorable and delicious.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks good enough to eat! Emily did the same assignment this week, and she made a cake. :)

Rachel said...

That is my kind of school assignment. I totally get that!

I can tell you I would have been an ace student if my teachers (math especially) had taught with chocolate. It's all in the presentation... I'm a hands on learning kind of gal. :)

Gerb said...

Bec- AAB told me a lot of the kids did the styrofoam ball sort of model but the most popular kind was jell-o. Only in Utah.

Rach- Maybe you could make one with a cake ball?

Chelle! said...

That is too awesome!! He is so clever!

Richard & Natalie said...

What a good way to get kids thinking! And, All-a-Boy's creation gets an A+ from me. Very cool.

Gerb said...

Chelle- He really is.

Nat- I love that he immediately thought of food! I'm all for learning in a way that gets them excited.