Saturday, February 11, 2012

Eight Hundred

This is my 800th post. Holy schmoley.

I was reading back over some of my earliest blog entries and noticed I was kind of testing the waters. Unsure of what to write or how it would be received, I kept things to a minimum and just told about my daily life. As time went on, I became more retrospective and told my favorite (and not so favorite) stories about my life's journey, the stories that make up the whole person that I am today. Somewhere in there I hit a burn out stage where I had thoughts like, "Who cares what I do or what I have to say? Why do I do this anyway?" and my posts became less frequent and less wordy. And now I feel like I tend to let pictures do more of the talking than myself.

Words are my friends. I want to feel passionate about writing again but I just don't seem to have it in me. I think I need to fill my reservoir with the words of others for a time because I have learned that I am often inspired by what others have to say. So I am reading - books and blogs and news and even the journals I kept for years before blogging was introduced to me. I am slowly filling up my reservoir with thoughts and words that I hope will come spilling out more often.

I want to share more of myself, continue to write of the sunshine in my life but also write more about the rainy days, too.

I want to write so I'll remember.

4 comments:

Anaise said...

I go through phases, too. But, like you, I need to write. I don't often go back to look at what I've written, but just the act of doing so is so satisfying.

I'm glad you write.

Gerb said...

Right back at ya! I love reading about your family. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, please keep writing. I really look forward to your thoughts, ideas, daily happenings, experiences... Jerri

Amy said...

Gerb, have you printed and/or compiled your blog posts yet? I have only been blogging for a little over four years (I'm not even close to 800 posts!) but every year that I print my blog book I am inspired all over again to keep writing. Especially when I see the kids pull out the books and laugh at whats inside.