Thursday, June 4, 2009

Turn Up The Valium


Allen's cataract surgery last month was not quite as successful as we'd hoped as far as his vision goes. Because of this he had to go in for a bit more eye surgery to fix an astigmatism in hopes it would do the trick.

The doctor had explained to him that this would be a quick procedure, taking less than 90 seconds, and that he would be given a valium to help him relax. To be honest, I couldn't wait to see what effect the valium had on him.

When we (finally!) were called back to get him ready for surgery, they put all kinds of drops in his eye as well as outfitting him with a brand new hat and shoes.
I started snapping more pictures, and this is what I was getting:


(Don't you love how the guy to the left has no idea what's going on when his back is turned?)


Oh, how I was loving the valium!

After the procedure was complete I asked him if he still felt loopy at all.

"They never gave me anything," he told me.

What? No valium? So, all of these pictures are drug-free...

Is it any wonder why I love this guy?

7 comments:

Cami said...

Ha ha ha! Love it! You guys are perfect for each other!

Rebecca said...

I'm surprised your clean-freak husband doesn't have his own stock of blue booties already! ;)

P.S. Awesome title!

Mrs. Black said...

Thanks for the chuckle! Allen is amazing. 'nuf said.

Shellie said...

Now I'd really like to see what he'd do on valium!

Anaise said...

Hee hee hee! I'm thinking you two are a match made in heaven. :)

I hope the procedures work . . . and Allen's eyes work, too.

Martha said...

LOL!!!!

Threeundertwo said...

LOL! Maybe we don't want to know what he'd be like on valium!