Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sensational Summer Saturday

I had a few people inform me after this post that Friday was actually National Donut Day.

Actually, we were all correct. Friday was, in fact, National Donut Day. But Saturday? Just plain ol' Donut Day. We can all still be friends.

When we were welcomed by this breathtaking sight on Saturday morning:
I decided that more than just donuts were in order. This was a day for playing in the sprinklers!
And popsicles all around!
Then, of course, we indulged in that culinary delight which is so loved the world over that it is celebrated for not one, but TWO days in June... our friend, the donut.
Donuts! Those circles (or bars, as it were) of happiness! Cream-filled and maple-frosted, nutty or rainbow-sprinkled... oh, how we love you!
Take 9 kids (give or take a few neighbors), add sprinklers and a bag of popsicles, top it all off with a dozen donuts...

Now that's my equation for a perfect summer day.

5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Ah, Gerb!

Once-again you've amazed me with your words and images. I love the photos; personal favorites are each and every one including a donut of any type (hope you saved a Dunford maple for me).

Saturday really is a special day...

Anaise said...

I just really enjoyed looking at the picture of your beautiful family on a really fun day! Happy Donut Day to you!

Kimm said...

what kind of camera did you get?? Those pictures are great!!

Michelle said...

My mouth is watering. I just might have to buy myself some colorful looking donuts and celebrate donuts day a little late.

Gerb said...

T5th- Coming from you, a photography compliment is generous indeed. Thanks!

Anaise- Glad you keep coming back, friend. And thanks.

Kimm- It's a Canon PowerShot SX110. And I must agree, it is pretty awesome. I've been having plenty of fun with it!

Michelle- In my opinion every day should be donut day. I would celebrate it daily if that was feasible. Go get yourself some donuts!