Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wish List


Curly's 6th birthday is at the end of this month.  I've asked her a few times if she can think of anything she'd like to receive, but she always says more crayons?.  I told her to think on it and get back to me.

This morning, Curly approached me apprehensively.  I could see that she wanted to tell me something but was trying to work up the courage to do so.  Finally I asked her, "What's up?"

"You know how you asked what I wanted for my birthday?  Well, I thought of some stuff.  But you don't have to get me all of it."

Here it comes, I thought.  A trip to Disneyland?  A pony?

"I thought maybe I could have some more paint and colored pencils.  And maybe... some markers?"

"That all sounds great," I told her.  "Can you think of anything bigger?"

Curly breathed in a deep sigh, then asked, "Stickers?  I promise not to put them on the tables and stuff."

Oh, to be 5-turning-6 again! 

I think all of her birthday wishes are going to come true.

5 comments:

Rory, Chocolate Hair/Vanilla Care said...

that's a GREAT list! my daughter's 5th birthday isn't until december, but she's already told me that she wants the complete CHRONICLES OF NARNIA. she just found out yesterday that there are MORE books than just THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE......i think we're gonna have two little girls this year getting their wishes! ;-)

Rachel said...

Argh! That reminds me! I'm supposed to get Levi's class a bunch of stickers. Thanks for the reminder. :D

What a little sweetie. When they ask for things like that, I find I fill the cart with way more than they ask. :D

BTW, thanks for the 'rocks' yesterday. You amaze me..... Can I be your understudy?

Hill Family said...

That's so sweet. I remember when my children wanted those simple things. Time sure flies!

Linn said...

That is the cutest thing ever! She must be secretly related to our kids. They can never think of anything that costs more than $1.99 for their birthdays. Our oldest will be 13 on Friday and cannot think of a single thing to ask for. Good grief!

Blogful said...

I am six of nine and I can tell you, from the bottom of my heart, just how special her request is. I think I was about 16 before I used a marker that wasn't mostly dried up. Go get her a pack of fancy Prism colored pencils and write her name on the box. Splurge on a set of smell-yummy markers. (My hoarding and protecting instincts have not gone away.)