Friday, September 14, 2012

Candy Grams


When I do nice things for others, it makes me happy.  Hopefully it brings a smile to their face, too.  I decided recently to print up some tags, attach them to candy, and give them to people who might appreciate it.  I keep a couple in my purse, a couple in the glove box of the van, and grab a few extras whenever I know I'll be around a lot of people because there's always someone who can use a little lift or word of appreciation. 

The Snickers have tags that read, "Laughter is the best medicine.  But if you can't laugh, just SNICKER."

 


I had these in mind for friends who I know are having a hard time for whatever reason.


The tag on the M&Ms says, "Marvelous & Magnificent is what you are".


I saw a stamp for sale once which said this on it and I made a sketch of it in a notebook so I could replicate it later.  I love how they turned out.


Remember Pop Rocks?  The awesome little candy that explodes in your mouth?  I printed off some little cards that read, "I just wanted to let you know that YOU ROCK! Because you totally do" to attach to those.

These are my favorite, and the easiest to carry around.  The only rule is that I only give them to people who really do ROCK.

When I'm feeling down, it helps to try to lift others up.  I've been battling the blues lately and this is just one little thing that works for me to help put a smile back on my face.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for sharing these. I love this idea. And you're right that bringing a smile to others' does help combat the blues a bit. Thinking of you... :-)
(I hope you keep a few of these for yourself, because you DO rock and you are both Marvelous and Magnificent yourself...)

Gina said...

This is why I love you. Thinking lots about you.

PattiH05k said...

I love the idea, but I think if i kept these in my purse, they would slowly disappear.

Richard & Natalie said...

You are and always will be the most awesome person I know. Hands down. I totally need to do more things like this.

Petersons Blog Spot said...

A wonderful way to battle the blues. I also love the "be kind..." quote.

Rachel said...

Being a recipient, I have to say that you totally made my day.

And several of The Native's as we all sat around on the kitchen floor with our heads tilted back, mouths wide open, listening and giggling at the popping. Rockin' entertainment!

I second Natalie's comment whole heartedly. You are an amazing woman Gerb. You feel sad, you do something about it. I feel sad and I pick my toes and feel sorry for myself. :D

Corine said...

This is awesome, Gerb! :D I battle the blues the same way - only not as creatively as you do... darn! I'll have to kick it up a notch! ;)

...hope your blues are gone. :)
Corine :D