Thursday, September 20, 2012

Made My Night


I would like to thank one of our local police officers for pulling over a speeding motorist last night, right across the street from our house.

The police lights lit up our front room in sporadic bursts of blue and red, drawing the kids' attention like a cat to a laser pointer.

My kids were so fascinated with what they called 'the crime scene' out the window that I was able to enjoy two chapters of a book in relative peace while indulging myself with an entire bag of unshared peanut M&Ms.  They didn't even hear me open the package! 

It was the most blissful 17 minutes of my day.



10 comments:

Rachel said...

Now THAT is amazing. The opening of the M&M's and the kids not knowing. I wish the police would come and stake out our neighborhood. It's not because there is a lack of speeding cars!!

Just SO said...

Love it! I'm impressed that it held their attention for so long.

Mindy said...

See... your tax dollars hard at work for you... :-)

Glad you were able to enjoy both book and M&Ms in relative peace... at least for a little while. :-)


Richard & Natalie said...

It's the little things in life... :)

You deserved every second of those 17 minutes.

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Sa-WEET!

Deb said...

Talk about finding good in bad moments! Even if they are others bad moments! Love it!

Shawna said...

Haha, that's awesome Gerberta! I'm glad you had those 17 minutes to yourself.

Sarah said...

Wooo-hooo! M&M's AND reading??? SCORE!!!

Linda Arnold said...

The best part is that the police were actually watching for speeding cars on our street! How long have we waited for that?

Petersons Blog Spot said...

Way to seize the moment - genius! I'd bet you'd love to thank the "criminal" as well as the police officer!