"You are SuperMom!" she exclaimed. "Do you give lessons?"
And I figured... heck, why not? So, my friends, I welcome you to Superhero Class.
If you want to be a superhero like me, you can do so in a few easy steps.
First of all, every good superhero wears a disguise. If you want one like mine, go find yourself some comfy pajama pants and an old T-shirt with a mustard stain. I like to call it The SUPERSUIT! (cue superhero music)
The next thing that every superhero needs is a SECRET WEAPON. I have two... safety pins and bandaids. With these weapons at my disposal, I can fix anything! (cue superhero music)
Unfortunately, every superhero also has an ARCHNEMESIS. These tend to present themselves in the most inopportune times! Mine are... (shudder) ...unfamiliar animals. And bullies. (cue evil archnemesis music)
However, each superhero is also blessed with amazing SUPERPOWERS - just waiting to be realized! For example, here are the two which I have discovered in my Super Self.
My lesser power is: Invisibility!
- I can disappear when someone comes knocking at my door while I'm in my SuperSuit!
- When the school is looking for someone to volunteer as PTA president, no one can find me!
- When I want to eat a package of cookies or a king-sized candy bar without any assistance... POOF! I am invisible! (Unless those darned crinkly wrappers give me away!)
- I have the power to transform a mountain of dirty laundry into neat stacks of nicely folded clothes or a sinkful of dirty dishes into a sparkling kitchen!
- I can turn a table into a fort, transform felt and ribbon into a costume and make wilted carrots and leftover potatoes into a gourmet meal!
- But my best, most amazing superpower is the ability to transform one of these: