Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Book Bonding

One thing that is always guaranteed to bring a warmish feeling to my heart is the sight of my older kids reading to the younger ones.

When Coolister reads, it is always a special treat. For one, because it doesn't happen too often. But mostly because of the voices he creates to represent each character in the story.


He started reading the book "I Need My Monster" to Hubba, and as the other kids heard what was happening they quickly gathered around.


Each monster voice was unique - one with a proper English accent, one with a gravelly, creepy quality, some scary, but every one oozing with personality. When he had finished, the kids begged for him to read it just one more time...


So he did.

"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed on and digested."
-Francis Bacon

(Please forgive the grainy pictures. I grabbed my camera as soon as I saw what was happening and took a few shots and then it was over before I realized I had my settings wrong. I'm just happy to have captured it at all.)

10 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

If that doesn't warm one's heart, I don't know what would...

Anaise said...

Yeah . . . those are such great moments.

Mrs. Black said...

I Love it! So cute! {insert warm fuzzies here.}

Rebecca said...

Where do you think he gets his dramatic flair?

Sister Pottymouth said...

My mom has pictures of Kim reading to me, Klay, and cousin Amy Despain. I used to love it when he'd read us stories because he made the best voices! What a sweet picture. Coolister is awesome.

Amanda said...

So cute! :D

Gina said...

Too cute. I love that.

Corine said...

Have to agree... My daughter reads to the boys all the time; they practically worship her for it!

Amy said...

I hope I have a Coolister. Did you make him like that or was he just born good? ;)

Chelle! said...

WOW!!! Lots of warm fuzzies...