Monday, September 14, 2009

Cake Decorating 101

(My trusty cake-decorating assistant, Am-bie, and I.)

What do you get when someone who doesn't know how to decorate cakes teaches a cake decorating class?

Well, you certainly don't get pretty cakes, that's for sure! (Pretty cakes are SO overrated!)

You DO get the undivided attention of 25 young ladies, aged 8-11:


These attentive ladies get instructions regarding the preferred height of the frosting on their cupcakes when the decorating is completed:


You also get told to eat LOTS of frosting. (I hear that's what the all the best cake decorators do.) The girls were all really good at this step.


Best of all, in the end you get masterpieces like these:


I know what you're thinking.

Gerb, is there anything you can't do?

Well, now you know.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Funnest day ever! Haha thanks for letting me be your trusty assistant! :P

Teachinfourth said...

I don't know...it's hard to be objective about how amazing this Gerb person is when one can't sample the culinary masterpieces created that night. However, if some of those iced delights made it my way, I might be able to leave a much more informed comment.

From: Iced over and passed by.

Gerb said...

Am-bie (aka Love Child)-
Funnest day ever because you were there. Thanks for having fun with me!

T5th (aka Iced Over)-
I am fairly certain that every masterpiece created was consumed within the hour. And THAT is the beauty of decorating a cake - making it good enough to eat.