Sunday, August 30, 2009

Recall

Hubba in his truest form.

Today I inadvertently published an entry written for my personal blog here on this blog. For those of you who are wondering, it was a detailed description of my less-than-perfect day at church relating to the challenges I am facing with my 4-year-old, Hubba.

And here's the thing.

Initially, I was mortified when I realized my mistake - 3 hours after the fact. It was when I received notice that I had comments on the post that I realized what I had done. I immediately moved the post to the place it was meant to be and then read the comments that were left for me.

All I really wanted to say was thank you. Thank you to those who left me words of encouragement and kindness and advice. Every comment that was left was exactly what I needed to hear and greatly appreciated.

You are some amazing people out there. Whether or not we have ever met, I am thankful to have you as friends.

Really...thank you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And thank you, for the post you left earlier. It it exactly what we mom's all need to hear - to know we are all in this together, and that we all have days like this! :D None of us are ever alone!

Anonymous said...

PS. We have never met... too bad:(

rorymckm said...

gerberta, that post made my day! i was having the same sort of issues with zoe at church this morning and it made me feel human to know that i was not alone. :)

Teachinfourth said...

I need to hear about this post...I only got the first few lines of it.

Curses.

However, the photo ROCKS. I am serious when I say, "I wish I'd taken that one."

Brown Thumb Mama said...

I didn't see your post but I sympathize!

Hubba's twin in CA is testing his limits and testing my patience these days. We are working on the concepts of "Self Control" and "Consequences" to prepare for preschool.

Hang in there...sending you lots of love.

Gerb said...

Anon- Thanks for your kind words. And as far as meeting, maybe someday we can change that. ;)

Rory- It helps to know you have similar issues with your sweet Zoe. Maybe it's not so bad to show my 'other side' on occasion, eh?

T5th- That is likely my most favorite photo I have ever taken. Thanks.

BTM- This is one of those times that I wish we lived close enough to get those 2 boys together! Thanks for the encouragement.

hintonrae said...

You know, Gerb--I started a personal blog around a month or so ago because there were things I just really needed to vent about--it's that whole "struggle against silence" that writing is all about. It's cathartic. It's liberating, because none of my in-town friends know about this blog, even though it's out there for pretty much anyone to see. I'm myself, but someone else for a little while, and it's wonderful.

That said, I think I'd probably curl up and try like heck to bite off my big toe if I mistakenly posted a post for that on my "public" blog.

I'm glad it wasn't a hugely terrible thing for you.