Friday, February 20, 2009

He's A Mystery


I love Dove chocolates.

Not only because they are smooth and creamy, but because each wrapper holds a small message which my kids like to call "fortunes".

I found some heart-shaped Dove valentine candies in the clearance basket at the store and purchased them to put in the kids' lunches. This morning I asked All-a-Boy what yesterday's fortunes were.

"The first one said 'Be a little mysterious' so I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head and scrunched down in my seat. Then I went to see what the other one said...." He let out a big sigh. There was a definite mood shift here... I gave him an inquiring look.

"It said, 'Remember your first crush'. (insert eye roll here) So I just threw that one straight into in the trash can and kept being mysterious."


Good plan, All-a-Boy.

6 comments:

simplysarah said...

Hahaha!

Mom of Three said...

Too funny!!

Rebecca said...

Maybe it's referring to Orange Crush soda. I remember loving that as a kid.

Allen said...

The "are" got a little ahead of the "they" (just thought I'd discreetly bring to that your attention, Hot Babe).

When he rolled his eyes, did he also do that tight-lipped, tongue in the cheek, mouth thingy too?

Michelle said...

That is too cute. I can just picture him being Mr. Mysterious.

Teachinfourth said...

A boy after my own heart.