Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dance, Dance, Dance

I was going to write a post today about the night that the song Lady In Red was completely ruined for me.

About how I went to a church dance at the age of 17, expecting to meet young single adults, but instead was asked to dance by a sweaty, balding foreigner who was closer to my dad's age.

I was going to tell you about how he half-sang, half-breathed in my ear throughout the entire song, sweat dripping from his face onto my sweater dress, while I tried to maintain a fair distance from him.

But I'm not going to tell you about that. Why?

My cousin Julie has written such a hilarious (but true!) description of a single adult church dance that it puts mine to shame.

Seriously, you need to go read it.

4 comments:

Boyd and Sarise said...

Haha! I read Julie's post earlier today, and found it hilarious! I can't say I had any bad youth dance or singles dance experiences of that sort. Glad someone has the horror stories to tell!

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, some people get all the attention...

Kristi Wilkins said...

I went to way too many of those! eeekkkkkkkk

Chelle! said...

Oh, that brings back some horrible memories...but, on the other hand--there were some great times!!!