Thursday, July 3, 2008

Reunited - And It Feels So Good!

I finally become well-acquainted with my skates.

Allen and I headed for the River Trail yesterday. He ran, I skated.

I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive at first. What if I could no longer balance myself like I used to? What if I fell and hit my head? What if the magic was no longer there?

My fears were unfounded.

I can't believe I waited so long to own rollerskates again!

It was like flying.

The words of a song I used to enjoy repeated in my mind... "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air! I never thought I could feel so free-eee-eeeeee!"

I can't wait to get out there again.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Flying away on a wing and a prayer...
Who could it be?? Believe it or not, it's just me...

What TV show used that great one as their theme song???

I'm going to loose sleep trying to think of it.

I got on my unicycle last Saturday after probably a year - WAY too long!! I felt that same "Reunited" rush! I did NOT, however, feel in any way that i was walking on air... it's a TOTAL body workout for this big mama. But i think we should rendezvous on the river path each with our loves: skates & uni that is - OK, A&K can come along too if the'd like.

annette said...

Yea for you! So glad to hear that you got to go. Did you go alone or with friends?

Gerb said...

cherie-
Greatest American Hero. Hope you didn't lose too much sleep! And bring on the unicycle! We'd make quite a pair going down the river trail, wouldn't we?!

annette-
My best friend and I went. He ran, I skated.