Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Week of Service (With a Smile!)


I often try to do nice things for others and I love the happy feeling it brings me. After reading a talk on the subject of doing good I have an even greater desire to do so. Someone I look up to once told me that "a goal not written down is only a wish", so I'm writing it here and promising to update daily this week.

My goal for this week is:
I'm going to do something nice for someone else every day and I'll tell you about it here. Not in a bragging sort of way, but more of a "Look what YOU could do, too! And think of what a difference you can make" sort of thing.

Plus there will be no excuses to skip a day if I know someone is checking up on me.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Am I on the service list? HEE HEE!!! I am not off to read that talk. Thanks for sharing!!

Teachinfourth said...

It looks like you've hit the 'pay it forward' mode. It's a good place to be.

Yesterday I felt this same desire to make a difference in the lives of others and a
friend
of mine blogged about her experience too.

Kudos to you!