Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Penguins Do, Too. Who Knew?

We get a new set of ornaments each year from Allen's mom - one for each person in our family. It's a fun tradition and one that I'm sure the kids will appreciate even more once they leave home and get to take their collection with them.

This year we got some cute penguins dressed in winter garb. Little O has been obsessed with putting ornaments on our tree so we let him put these on for us. At first they were hung so low from the lowest branches that each one touched the floor beneath the tree. We left them there, knowing he would be rearranging them often.

A few days later, I found them arranged on our bookshelf near a small picture of the temple where Allen and I were married:

I asked Little O what the penguins were doing there instead of on the tree.

"Dey lub to see da tem-po!" he told me in his matter-of-fact little voice. "Dey jus lilly, lilly lub to see it." *

We left them there, next to the nativity, for the rest of the Christmas season.






* Translation of 3-year-old speak, for those who need it:
"They love to see the temple! They just really, really love to see it."

9 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Now that is a great story, Gerb...

Rachel said...

Awww! I just weally weally lub dat kid.......

dalene said...

Love--

HL said...

Too Sweet.

Richard & Natalie said...

I seriously want to adopt that boy! So stinking adorable.

Petersons Blog Spot said...

Will you raise my kids?

Chelle! said...

How sweet!!! Melts my heart!

Deb said...

Love it ! Thanks why even the youngest kids need to be a part of things so they can be creative and we can see a little of how their brains work! :)

Deb said...

* That is