Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Alien

On Monday morning Cowgirl came to me with a sparkle in her eye. The kind of sparkle that tells me she's up to something.

"Mom, can you give me alien ears?" ('Alien ears' is the term that my oldest two girls created to describe a bun of twisted hair on each side of the top of the head.)

Once the alien ears were in place she asked, "Now could you make my bangs go straight up or something?" I asked why she wanted such a schnazzy hairdo. She told me that it was the school's Christmas Sing-In and that her class was going to be singing a song called I Want An Alien For Christmas.

I asked her, "So, everyone's coming to school as aliens for your song?"

"Um, no. I just want to do it for fun."

Well, how could I say no to that? I sent her off to school looking like this:

But this is not the end of the story. When I picked the kids up after school I asked Cowgirl how the Sing-In went. She gave me a sheepish grin and said, "Well... it actually wasn't today. I thought it was, but it's not until Wednesday." I asked if she explained the reason why her hair was so awesome but she said she just told people she was trying out a new style.

This morning, the REAL day for the Sing-In, she had a new hair-plan. "Can you make me look like I have antennas?"

You bet I can.

Looks like we're getting our own alien for Christmas.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want to see the "after school" pics. Did the hairdo last all day??

Connie said...

Cowgirl has a lot of self-confidence. Love both of her hair styles. She cracks me up!

Rachel said...

She looked so cute today. I love Miss E's style. All her own.

Richard & Natalie said...

I had never heard that song before but I think it is a new favorite at the school. But I missed seeing her hair. Darn. I would've loved to have seen it in person. It is so cool that she would do that.

dalene said...

I love it!

Anaise said...

You guys are hilarious!

Merry Christmas!!!

Petersons Blog Spot said...

How did you get it to stay like that? By the way - Merry Christmas! Jerri

Gerb said...

Bec- It did last! The before and after pictures would have been the same. Can you say AWESOME?!

Connie- Sometimes she forgets that she does. That's why I like to encourage her when it comes through. :)

Rachel- Thanks! Me, too. Love that crazy kid.

Nat- Cowgirl's been singing it like crazy cakes and it's catching.

Dalene & Anaise - Thanks!

Jerri- Back at ya! And it stayed in place with a fabulous product called 'Spike Glue'. It's seriously like glue.